I traveled a little in March and in April I’m heading to Augusta, GA and Charleston, SC as well as heading back to Texas twice in May. My sister called me last week because she was heading to New York for Spring Break and was only bringing a carry-on. She was in search for packing tips, which got me thinking. Since I travel quite a bit I have picked up several packing tips along the way, so here are 5 packing tips to make your life easier.
5 Packing Tips To Make Your Life Easier
- Pack Neutral Colors: This makes mixing and matching a breeze when traveling. This also lets you pack more and have more outfits. I also stick to white and navy with some pop of color accessories.
- Try on Every Outfit Before Packing: By trying on every outfit there is no room for surprises. You know how everything is going to look and fit and you’ll be all set once you arrive at your destination.
- Always Pack two pairs of Jeans: Even if you are just going for a weekend always pack two pairs of jeans. You never if you going to accidentally spill something on yourself or fall and rip a hole in them. It’s always better to be prepared than left buying a pair of pants you don’t need!
- Keep Everything Organized: Living out of a suitcase can be tough! Last year, I went on a trip where I spent 2 days in Virginia, 2 days in Raleigh and 5 days in Denver. Talk about 3 totally different climates. Organization kept me alive during that trip! I always opt for a suitcase with dual-sided zipper pockets, it keeps everything in its place. It can also be super helpful near the end of your trip to put dirty clothes on one side and clean on the other.
- Use Accessories for Dual Purpose: To avoid overpacking find accessories that can be used for dual purpose. I try to pick accessories wisely like a wristlet that can double as a wallet or a tote that can act as a carry on and a purse.
Safe travel and happy packing!