Today I am embarking on what I’ve been calling a mega-trip for work. I spent 3 days this week in DFW and now I am headed to Richmond, VA for 2 days then Raleigh, NC for 2 days and then Denver for 5 days. So needless to say between the wedding, honeymoon and an unexpected trip to Texas I have been traveling quite a bit. With all the travel, I have my top 7 carry on travel favorites.
Below are my top carry-on essentials.
- Large Tote Bag – This is a MUST. This was acted a carry-on and beach bag for the honeymoon. It’s awesome because I can throw my crossbody in it, my camera, books and other essentials and still have room to spare. It also folds up really nicely, so it’s easy to store when I’m not using it.
- Books – Anyone who knows me knows I am not a book reader, I’m more of a blog/magazine reader, so this one may come as a shock. Since I knew I was going to be flying and I need something with a little more commitment, so I picked #GIRLBOSS for some true entrepreneur inspiration and then Jared surprised me with “The Art of Southern Charm” from one of my favorite trashy reality shows. I’m super excited to dive into this one on my mega-trip
- Portable Phone Charger– I cannot live without my phone, so I try to keep a portable charger with me at all times when traveling and although I got some strange looks on the plane this pineapple one is so fitting.
- Phone/Netflix/Headphones- Sometimes I need a break from reading, so I have been addicted to downloading Netflix shows on the app and watching them on the go. This is perfect because you don’t need wifi or anything. I just wrapped up 13 Reasons Why by doing this and I am excited to start #GIRLBOSS from Netflix on my next flight.
- Rose Water– I have very sensitive skin so I like to keep some rose water to spritz on me when I’m in the air or just land.
- Makeeup Remover Wipes– These are perfect for early morning flights or even in the hotel room.
- Sunglasses – Jared gave these to me as a gift and I have been obessed, plus they are perfect when you aren’t wearing any makeup and just land. You can throw them on and look ultra fab.
I’d love to know your travel favorites and if you’re from the Richmond, Raleigh or Denver leave some suggestions in the comments below!