A few weeks ago, I attended a beauty night at Crown Beauty Bar. I initially went to go hear former Miss America, Savvy Shield, speak, but I got so much more out of the night. The best thing I left with was learning how to do an easy updo for short hair.
After we heard the ever so lovely Savvy Shields speak, Crown had set up several different stations around the salon to help you learn more about different beauty techniques. This included everything from getting more out of your hair in between washes, brow consultations, makeup lessons, hair styling and more.
Something I’ve really struggled with since cutting my hair short is how to put it in a cute ponytail. Along with cutting it shorter I also moved my part closer to the center, so I always felt like I looked silly with my hair in a ponytail but I finally learned how to do an easy updo for short hair!
The process is essentially taking sections of your hair and flipping them inside each other. It looks a lot like a french braid, but much easier! I am going to do my best to explain this so here we go…
The Perfect Easy Updo for Short Hair
1. Tease the crown of your head. The stylist told me that this should be the first step of any updo/ponytail, this gives volume and also allows bobby pins to stick into the hair with something to grab a hold of.
2. Grab a section of the teased hair and make a very loose ponytail.
3. Flip the ponytail holder into the head and through the whole.
4. Grab another section of hair and repeat.
5. Once you get to a good stopping point tie off the rest of the hair in a ponytail and loosen some pieces of hair around your face for a more tousled look.
This is definitely going to be new dirty hair look. I am totally obsessed and it’s so easy to do!
Zala Hair says
These are great tips for creating a chic, easy updo that’s perfect for short hair. This tutorial is easy to follow, and the result is a beautiful hairstyle that can be dressed up or down.