So as I was researching some ideas, I saw things like a picnic inside by candlelight or dance in a field. I don’t know about you but if I suggested to Jared we were going to go to a field to have a dance party he would look at me like I was crazy and a candlelight dinner on the floor sounds like a disaster with Beau. So I put together some reasonable Valentine’s Day date ideas for 3 different price points.
29 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
- Fancy dinner: I love getting dressed up and going to a nice restaurant so this is a given, but branch out and try somewhere new! Order a bottle of champagne at the table to really splurge.
- Drinks on a Rooftop: Pending where you live this might be difficult given the weather or availability, but one of Jared and I’s favorite things to do is to go grab drinks and talk. Being in a different setting really invites deeper conversations instead of the every day normal.
- Go See A Live Show: Plan a date to a concert or a show at your local theatre. Jared once took me to see The Nutcracker for a date and it’s still at the top of my list for best dates.
- Progressive Meal: Tour your town with a different part of your meal at a different restaurant. Appetizers at once place, main course at another and dessert at another!
- Cooking Lesson: I can’t cook to save my life but Jared and I have done several cooking classes and it’s always so fun to get hands-on and then enjoy your hard work after. If you have a Central Market close I highly recommend their cooking classes.
- Have a Photoshoot: My love language is definitely photos so this is something that Jared could totally win with (*hint hint*)
- Weekend Away: this Valentine’s Day Jared and I are actually going to Chicago for the weekend and I am SO excited! You could also do a staycation and just get a night at a hotel.
If you decide to go out, don’t forget to make a reservation! Valentine’s Day and Valentine’s Day weekend book quickly. Personally, I swear by OpenTable for reservations!
- Go Roller Skating: I went roller skating with some girlfriends not that long ago and it was SO fun! This would make the perfect active date.
- Go To A Museum: Explore some art and walk hand in hand through an art museum.
- Movies: You can’t go wrong with a date to the movies! Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Dinner in + Dessert/Drinks Out: Some times Jared and I do this when we want to save money but still want to go out. We will eat dinner in and go out for drinks or dessert. It’s the best of both worlds!
- Picnic in the Car at Special Places: Jared and I have a special lookout place in Fort Worth, so if you are looking for something cute yet affordable drive to your special spot and either bring some food or grab some on the way for a special car picnic.
- Recreate Your First Date: Do all of the things you did the first time you went out together.
- Escape Room: Test your patience with an escape room.
- Private Room Karaoke: Serenade each other with your favorite songs in a private room karaoke place. Jared and I have done this before and although it was awkward at the beginning once we warmed up were having a blast!
- Shopping For Each Other: Now you can go the silly route and find goofy outfits at the Goodwill, or go for something nicer at the mall or Target. Either way, this would be super fun!
- Trampoline Park: Pretend you are a kid again and enjoy a date at a trampoline park!
- Go Antiquing: This is Jared and I’s number one favorite date. We do this all the time. Sometimes we strike gold and sometimes we strike out but rifling through old things and bringing up memories is such fun!
- Go to a Candy Store: We have a major sweet tooth, so we could definitely do some damage at a candy store!
- Go to a Sporting Event: Grab your man some tickets to a basketball or hockey game and he is sure to be surprised!
Stay At Home
- Build a Fort: We had these friends in Fort Worth who would bring their mattress into their living room and watch movies and sleep, but you could take it a step further and make a full-on fort like you did when you were kids.
- Make a Charcuterie Board: Head to the grocery store and pick out all your favorite things and put together the ultimate charcuterie board. Here’s a blog on how to make a great charcuterie board for under $30.
- Homemade Fondue: We have a chocolate fountain we got from my parents and we will totally pig out with chocolate-covered everything, but you could totally do this on the stove.
- Make Your Favorite Meal: Indulge in your favorite meal together and help each other in the kitchen.
- Cook-off: I saw this on an episode of the Real Housewives of Dallas where they had a cook-off and had the same basic ingredients but had to make two different things for each other. If you both love to cook this would be such fun!
- Board Games: Play a 2-player board game or a puzzle and enjoy some quiet time.
- Spa Night: Have a spa night in, Jared loves a face mask so he would LOVE this!
- Make a Time Capsule: This is probably better for a long term relationship, but this would be so fun to make and open a few Valentine’s Days later.
- Binge Romantic Movies: Some of my favorites are…
- The Notebook (duh!)
- The Fault In Our Stars
- Safe Haven
- A Walk To Remember
- Sweet Home Alabama
I hope these Valentine’s Day date ideas are helpful for when you are planning a special date for you and your significant other!
Sarah K says
Great ideas! And I LOOOVE the sweet pink dress you’re wearing. 💓
Thank you so much!! Happy Valentine’s Day!