Happy Cinco De Mayo! It’s no surprise that I am not the best chef…I am the girl who dropped a raw chicken breast down the garbage disposal on accident last week, but this is one of my go-to recipes when it is my turn to cook. It’s truly so easy!!
This recipe is super simple with minimal ingredients and would be the perfect thing to celebrate Cinco De Mayo if you wanted to enjoy something other than tacos.
If I can do it, you can too!
Simple Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 Cup Chunky Salsa
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Limes For Garnish
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and taco seasoning directly on both sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts in medium-high cast iron skillet - Brown both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Place 1/2 cup of salsa on top of each chicken breasts and place cast iron skillet in the oven for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and limes if desired.
Leave a Reply