Today is all about shopping! I love shopping just as much as the next girl… ok probably more, so today I wanted to share my favorite places to shop and tips and tricks when shopping.
“I have enough clothes and shoes – I don’t need to go shopping.”
– Said no woman ever
My top go-to shopping places are:
1. Target…what girl doesn’t love target
Target is my go-to place for just about anything! The first place I always head is the sale racks and then I begin to wander throughout the rest of the store grabbing items I think I need. Once I have everything I “need” I find a quite back corner and begin looking up or scanning barcodes on my Cartwheel app. I’ve saved just tough $40 just by using the app. It doesn’t get much better than that.
LOFT is like the Hobby Lobby of clothing. They are ALWAYS having a sale and normally it’s 40-60% off. If you see something you like just wait a couple weeks or days and you are bound to get it on sale.
When I go to Nordstrom Rack I normally have one thing on my mind…purses. They have the best deals on designer purses and sure they are “last season” but Kate Spade is Kate Spade. I doubt someone is going to come to you and say “Ew, is that Kate Spade bag from last season”. Aside from purses, I’ve found Kendra Scott and Jack Rogers for half the original price at Nordstrom Rack.
4. J. Crew
Although it’s not what it used to be, and believe me they’re paying it for it (read more here), you can still find some solid pieces you might just have to hunt a little harder. They do have frequent sales and if you are a college student or teacher don’t forget to show your id for an extra 15% off.
I like to wear things that are unique; a lot of my stuff I get from local boutiques. Some boutiques can be overpriced, but once you find one that is your style and in the right price point they will be your go to when you are in a pinch. Sometimes you just need something last minute and need to be able to try it on. I like to look up boutiques close to me on Facebook and Instagram so I don’t waste time going there when it’s not my style or my price point.
When you’re online shopping you can find the BEST deals. It’s super easy to compare to make sure you are getting the right price or find sales that aren’t in store. I ordered some things from Old Navy not too long ago, and I got an extra 25% off my total purchase when I ordered online that I wouldn’t have got in person.
- Wear appropriate undergarments or bring them with you. If you’re wearing Nike shorts and a t-shirt throw a nude strapless bra in your purse. This will make ALL the difference when trying on clothes.
- Know what you need. At the start of the summer, I bought probably 10 dresses and 3 rompers. Halfway through the summer I realized I didn’t have any tank tops. So I told myself I wasn’t allowed to buy any more dresses and when I went shopping I would only look at tanks. Believe it or not it worked!
- Know your spending limit. Every time I go into a store or shop online. I check my bank account before I go in and know what my limit will be. It also helps to have a certain amount of money set aside each month for shopping.
- Don’t make impulse decisions. I used to be the WORST at this. I would reason with myself, “It’s such a good price” or “This could be cute if…” If you don’t love it, don’t buy it! If in a couple days you are still thinking about the item, then you probably actually did like it so you go back and buy it. Give yourself some free time to think if you would actually wear it or if you are buying just to buy.
Photography by Paisley Layne Photography
I’ve never been to loft I’m gonna have to check it out!!
I love LOFT. I think a lot of people are hesitant to go in there for whatever reason, but I got the dress in the pictures there for less than $30.
online direktvertrieb says
Ya learn something new everyday. It’s true I guess!
Love your style and that DRESS! Thanks for the tips, I especially like the advice of not impulse buying!! I’m getting better about that one, but I still have my impulsive days;-) haha!
P.S. Target is my go to store as well:-)
Thank you so much, Andele. I still have my occasional impulse buys too but if you know your budget it isn’t the end of the world! 🙂
Fresh, Pure, Sweet says
Target and Nordstrom Rack, oh and TJ Maxx are my weaknesses! Great article, and great advice!
TJ Maxx is a good one too! If I’m shopping for home decor, Home Goods can be dangerous too! Thanks for your support!
Kaylah Burton says
I think i should say ” Know your spending limit” to myself ten times so this rule is drilled into my brain! I am so bad at this one! These are such great tips!
It can be so hard! Especially when I know I can only spend $50 then you see that one thing that puts you over…
I love target and JCrew! & I love your tips for shopping with the right undergarments!
Thanks Kayty. Having the right undergarments makes all the difference especially when trying on dresses or tank tops!
I was born into bargain shopping, and I think you have some great tips. I think shopping with a list is the most helpful for me. I don’t do it enough, but when I do I find it easier to get only what I need.
Love your post!! I just did an outlet haul and found some great deals 🙂 thanks for sharing!!