I have been very vocal about how shopping small is something that I am very passionate about. Jared works for a small family-owned business and I am so thankful to all of his customers and clients because they help support us every month. Especially in this time of uncertainty, it’s so important to help the local families who need it the most. Here are some ways you can support small businesses in your community.
How To Support Small Businesses In Your Community
- Shop: Seems easy but find out how your favorite places are taking orders.
- Gift Cards: This is a super simple way to show your support. Buy a gift card from your local salon to redeem later or grab a gift card at your favorite boutique to pass along to a friend.
- Order online/social media: Find how they are taking orders and buy something, whether it’s something you need or want or simply want to gift every purchase counts in a time like this.
- Call: If you can’t find out how to order give them a call, I’m sure they are more than willing to help.
- Support them on social: Like, comment and share! Social media means everything to these small businesses so by you engaging and interacting with them on social media it helps them with the algorithm and with word of mouth marketing. Share their posts in your stories or share your experience when shopping. If you don’t have money to give right now this is something free that can help them so much!
- Tip: Don’t forget to tip or ask how you can leave a tip. Just because you aren’t receiving your typical dine-in service doesn’t mean you shouldn’t tip. These businesses are working harder than ever to keep the doors open, so reward their staff by tipping them.
- Get Pick Up: Don’t use a delivery service if you can, oftentimes they take out a percentage or charge a fee to the business. Enjoy some time out of the house and run and pick something out to cut out the middle man if you can.
- Check-in on your small business friends: Small business owners and families are under high stress right now with all of the uncertainty check in on your friends and see how you can help or lend an ear for moral support.
Ways To Support Small Businesses in Northwest Arkansas
- Grab a ballon from the Balloon Bar at Presley Paige
- Get flowers delivered or send flowers to a friend from Eden’s Flower Truck
- Get a gift card or beauty box from Crown Beauty Bar
- Have a private shopping appointment or grab a gift card at Walker Brothers – Give Jared a call, he can help you! 😉
- Get food to go at any of my favorite local spots:
- Wright’s BBQ
- Feed and Folly
- Woodstone Pizza
- Oven and Tap
- Local Lime
- Big Orange
- Buttered Biscuit
- Fork and Crust
- Get wine delivered from Sassafrass Vineyard
- Have a virtual sake tasting with Big Box Karaoke
- Grab a t-shirt to support Maxine’s Tap Room
- Grab a gift or puzzle from Freckled Hen Farmhouse
- Pre-book a session with Caitlin Wilson Photography
- Get a new outfit with curbside pick up from Wit & Whimsy
- Get some soap or bath bombs from Urban Bath and Body Company
Shopping small during these times can help in more ways than you know.