I recently bought a few things off of Shein and this was my first purchase with my own money, so I thought I would share my Tips for Shopping on Shein. They sent me an item to showcase on The Thrifty Pineapple a while back, but the fit, cut and quality was so bad I refused to show y’all. On The Thrifty Pineapple, I NEVER want to show you something that I don’t 100% love or recommend. I feel like we are friends and I would never tell my best friend to buy something I hated.
I had seen so many people saying good things about Shein I decided to give it another whirl, but this time on my own terms. After spending a good chunk of time on the site I picked up a few tricks. All of the items I bought this go round were amazing and I am so impressed with them. I wore a few of the pieces around friends and they were shocked to learn the pieces were from Shein.
5 Tips for Shopping on Shein
- Read Reviews – Reviews are EVERYTHING! I liked to look for the reviews with pictures so I can see the true fit and quality of the product. If someone hates something they are sure to leave a bad review.
- Trust Bloggers – Like I mentioned early, I only promote things that I can stand behind. Bloggers take pride in their integrity and truthfulness to their audience, so for the most part if myself or another blogger recommends a Shein product you can guarantee it will be a good quality item.
- Pay for Express Shipping – The items you are ordering are coming from China…yes, China. Due to this shipping can take 3-4 weeks on average. If you aren’t willing to wait go ahead and splurge on the express shipping.
- Check the Measurements – This will be a good indicator as to how this is going to fit you. Buy knowing your measurements and checking the product description this will save you a money and a headache in the long run.
- Don’t Buy Just One Thing – Because this is coming from China and you most likely paid the express shipping, don’t just buy one thing. Save up some money and place a bigger order so you don’t have to pay for express shipping more than once.
I will say that even if you follow all of these tips, these items are still very cheap and they are great for 2-5 times of wearing, but they will NOT stand the test of time. Think of it on the terms of Forever21. However, for a quick trend or something fun every once in a while it is well worth the cost.
Ehhh I’ve always been so leery of giving my credit card number to them. They seem like they steal other boutiques photos and products and list them as cheaper, kind of like Wish. Plus it’s all junk from China, you’re not really knowing where it’s being made! ? Although as always, Angela you look cute in anything!!
Thank you! It’s definitely not for everyone and it’s definitely hit or miss!
I completely agree with your post. A friend of mine ordered items from SheIn before I did and she told met to make sure there are reviews for whatever I purchase. I took her advice and ordered 6 items, all tops, and only one of them did not fit. The fit issue was not due to SheIn but rather to my body type. I’ve found that some items are better quality than others.
It’s totally sketchy but you can get some good things if you are smart!
Such a cute looks!! i live the pink dress, you are looking so glam on this outfits. thanks for giving a great tips….
Oh thank you so much!