I recently bought a few things off of Shein and this was my first purchase with my own money. They sent me an item to showcase on The Thrifty Pineapple a while back, but the fit, cut and quality was so bad I refused to show y’all. On The Thrifty Pineapple, I NEVER want to show you something that I don’t 100% love or recommend. I feel like we are friends and I would never tell my best friend to buy something I hated.
I had seen so many people saying good things about Shein I decided to give it another whirl, but this time on my own terms. After spending a good chunk of time on the site I picked up a few tricks. All of the items I bought this go round were amazing and I am so impressed with them. I wore a few of the pieces around friends and they were shocked to learn the pieces were from Shein.
5 Tips on Shopping Shein
- Read Reviews – Reviews are EVERYTHING! I liked to look for the reviews with pictures so I can see the true fit and quality of the product. If someone hates something they are sure to leave a bad review.
- Trust Bloggers – Like I mentioned early, I only promote things that I can stand behind. Bloggers take pride in their integrity and truthfulness to their audience, so for the most part if myself or another blogger recommends a Shein product you can guarantee it will be a good quality item.
- Pay for Express Shipping – The items you are ordering are coming from China…yes, China. Due to this shipping can take 3-4 weeks on average. If you aren’t willing to wait go ahead and splurge on the express shipping.
- Check the Measurements – This will be a good indicator as to how this is going to fit you. Buy knowing your measurements and checking the product description this will save you a money and a headache in the long run.
- Don’t Buy Just One Thing – Because this is coming from China and you most likely paid the express shipping, don’t just buy one thing. Save up some money and place a bigger order so you don’t have to pay for express shipping more than once.
I will say that even if you follow all of these tips, these items are still very cheap and they are great for 2-5 times of wearing, but they will NOT stand the test of time. Think of it on the terms of Forever21. However, for a quick trend or something fun every once in a while it is well worth the cost.