Lately, I’ve been celebrating the little things and today is a happy day because I get to share with you an exclusive first look at the 2020-2021 Erin Condren LifePlanner.
The new planners are available for purchase on April 27th for EC Insiders and April 29th for everyone. To be an EC insider, it’s super simple you just have to create an account on Erin Condren’s website and that’s it! You earn rewards on all purchases and get exclusive things like being the first to shop the new planners.
You might be thinking, the last thing I need right now is a new planner… and that’s totally valid. Everyone is stuck inside and budgets are tighter. For me, it’s a chance to restart and I also use my planner as a scrapbook, so I’ve been documenting my feeling through quarantine and including memories in my planner. You can read more about how I use my planner here.
This post is long, but I want it to be as detailed as possible. I know these planners aren’t cheap and are an investment, so I want to make sure you know exactly what you are buying. And just to be honest, Erin Condren did send me this planner and all the goodies, but I would 100% spend my own money on this. This product helps me SO much, seriously I would be lost without it. Because I was fortunate to not have to buy one I do plan on gifting one lucky person a LifePlanner in an upcoming giveaway- more to come on that, check back on April 27th. 😉
First Look at the 2020-2021 Erin Condren LifePlanner
But first, a few things to know…
The Erin Condren LifePlanner is 100% customizable, so below are all the different options to choose from to make your perfect planner.
Two main theme styles:
- LAYERS is the hero geometric design theme and a beautiful reminder that a strong foundation is built upon infinite layers. Each multicolored layer builds upon the next for a complex and inspiring result.
- FLOWER POWER For the first time ever, EC is introducing a floral interior design theme! Each month introduces a new bloom for an entirely unique interpretation of this beloved floral design.
- 12-month (June 2020-July 2021)
- 12-month (January 2021-December 2021)
- 18-month (June 2020-December 2021)
Two Interior Color Variations:
- Colorful (Flower Power is only available in colorful)
Two Exterior Variations:
4 Different Formats:
- Horizontal: Classic planner style with plenty of room to write.
- Vertical: My preferred style which features 3 boxes vertical for each day. It can be broken down into morning, afternoon and night or in my case, work, personal and blog.
- Hourly: Standard hourly format and this time they are bringing back half-hour increments.
- Daily: A brand NEW style this year which comes in two different 6-month books with a full day per page.
And of course, everything is customizable about Erin Condren which is one of my favorite benefits. So along with all of these choices, you can additionally customize the coil color and the cover.
This may feel overwhelming but the Erin Condren website guides you through the whole process and make it super easy!
My exact planner is the coiled 12-month (July 2020 – June 2021) vertical LifePlanner in neutral layers with a gold coil and the Flower Power cover.
New Updates for 2021
After inspecting the 2020-20201 LifePlanner and comparing it to 2019-2020 there are several new items and things that have changed.
- The productivity page has moved to follow the monthly spread instead of before it.
- The notes section has been reduced and the dot grid pages have been removed.
- The coloring pages have been removed.
- 4 sticker sheets included in the back instead of 3.
- Lastly, something I am really excited about is weekly spreads have been changed to completely neutral. Previously, there was still some color with monthly callouts and bullets, now its all black and white which I love because it won’t conflict with my stickers.
Overall though, the changes are minimal. We saw a lot of changes from 2019 to 2020, but 2021 is fairly similar, which I really like.
A Flip Thorugh of the 2020-2021 Erin Condren LifePlanner
“A foundation is built on infinite layers”
As you can see Erin Condren has done it again and this product is worth every penny. The paper is high quality, the layout is thought-through and it’s 100% customizable to what works for you.
My biggest recommendation when thinking about getting a LifePlanner is to think about what layout works for you. The cover can be changed and the coil color is pretty insignificant, but the layout is the core. The vertical layout works for me, but it doesn’t work for everyone. My mom tried the vertical layout and hated it, but LOVES the horizontal. Hourly stresses me out, but you might like planning out your days in that much detail. You have to find what works for you and your lifestyle.
And of course, Erin Condren released a full collection of pens, stickers, notebooks, washi tape and more to go with the new planner. There are so many fun goodies.
However, budgets are tight so if I could recommend two accessories it would be the interchangeable pen kit and sticker book. These are the most practical and can go a long way when sprucing up your weekly spreads.
I am so excited to dive in and start using my planner. Please let me know if you have ANY questions! Drop them in the comment section below, send me an email or hit me up on Instagram. I want to be your planner purchasing guide!
Remember planners go live on April 27th for EC Insiders (sign up to be an EC Insider now) and April 29th for everyone else. In the meantime, catch up on all my other planner posts here.