The chillier it gets the more I am reminded that fall might be the best season. It always nice when the warm summer sun rolls in, but fall is definitely the best season. A. You can eat as much as you want because you no longer have to rock those bikinis and B. Fall is fashion is definitely more chic and expressive than summer. It’s much easier to layer and add texture to outfits in fall than it is in summer when you are sweating through all your clothes.
Below are 10 things I love about Fall and keep reading to see why I hate Halloween.
10 Things I Love About Fall
- Stepping on Leave and Acorns – that crunch is just so satisfying.
- Boots – riding boots, booties, duck boots…gimme all the boots!
- Crockpot Recipes – I mean dumping all the ingredients in one big pot and not worrying about it for hours, does it get any easier?
- Warm Drinks – Hello my newest addiction…PSL!
- Pumpkins – I LOVE pumpkin picking and pumpkin decorating! I think I have approximately 20 pumpkins in our small one bedroom apartment.
- Baking – I got a KitchenAid mixer for my birthday in September and it couldn’t have come a better time.
- Candles – Since I’m spending more time inside, my candles are getting more use to fill my house with scents of fall.
- An Excuse to Eat Candy – I’ve never met a candy I didn’t like, including candy corn!
- Layers – Sweater weather is in full effect, but I think vest weather is my absolute fave!
- Thanksgiving – I LOVE Thanksgiving! Watch out I make a MEAN green bean casserole.
The one and probably ONLY thing I hate about fall is Halloween. I HATE Halloween. I hate being scared. I hate dressing up. I hate spending money on a costume that only gets one wear. I hate spending a ton of time on thinking about being something super creative to then have to explain yourself the whole night. Did I mention I hate being scared?
I grew up in a pretty conservative family. My dad was actually a pastor, so Halloween was a holiday we didn’t take par take in. Because of religious beliefs I wasn’t allowed to go trick or treating or wear certain costumes like a witch or a devil. We always went to our church’s fall festival but never any more. Due to my up bringing it’s just something I don’t enjoy. You will NEVER EVER catch me at a haunted house. NEVER.
Fun fact, I went to a haunted house when I was in high school and I started crying waiting in line so I sat in the car and left…
Like I mentioned, I hate being scared so Halloween and I just don’t get along!
Shop This Post: