Happy National Pineapple Day!! June 27th is my favorite day of the year, of course! So I’m the Thrifty Pineapple…but where did that name come from?
Back in 2015 when The Thrifty Pineapple first launched I was working at an ad agency specialing in hospitality. The pineapple is the symbol of hospitality so I thought this would be a fun way of tying together something that was important in my life and my undiscovered passion. Although I am a firm believer in splurging on pieces that will last you forever, I LOVE a good deal. Most of the time you find me at Target, Old Navy or LOFT. So putting those things together Thrifty Pineapple was born.
Flash forward to 2018, the popular is such a trendy icon in today’s society.
Here 5 random facts you might not know about the pineapple!
5 Random Facts About Pineapples
1. It takes almost three years for a single pineapple to reach maturation.
2. Once harvested, pineapples don’t continue to ripen
3. Hawaii produces about 1/3 of all pineapples in the world.
4. Pineapples are not a single fruit, but a group of berries that have fused together.
5. Any guest who was invited to a party where a whole pineapple was displayed, knew that no expense was spared in guaranteeing the guests’ enjoyment. It was this that made the crowned fruit the great symbol of social events and became the meaning of welcome, friendship, and hospitality.
After going to Charleston it only confirmed my love of pineapples Ang I buy almost anything with a pineapple!