Since July 4th is on a Saturday this year, I’m planning to celebrate Friday through Sunday. Why not, right? Luckily, I’m off work Friday so I plan to hang out by the pool all day with my family and head to watch some fireworks that night with approximately 30,000 other people. I guess everything really is bigger in Texas. Saturday, Jared and I are meeting up with some old friends to grill out, swim and probably shoot off some fireworks. And on Sunday you better believe I’ll be wearing red white and blue to church.
Heading to the pool and need a good Independence Day Playlist? Here are some of my faves!
- “Born In The U.S.A” -Bruce Springsteen
- “God Bless The USA” -Lee Greenwood
- “American Pie” – Don McLean
- “Party in the USA” – Miley Cyrus
- “All-American Girl ” -Carrie Underwood
- “Chicken Fried” -Zack Brown Band
- “Firework” -Katy Perry
- “Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue” -Toby Keith
- “She’s Like Texas” -Josh Abbott Band (Of course there has to be some Texas pride too)
- “Somethin’ Bout a Truck” -Kip Moore
- “Sweet Home Alabama” -Lynryrd Skyrnrd
- “Day Drinking” -Little Big Town
Now I’m not the one to wear an Old Navy flag shirt circa 1999. I like to keep my July 4th attire simple and subtle. Since navy is one my go to colors I have plenty to choose from. I paired with simple red chino shorts to make my outfit festive but not too over the top.
Independence Day is more than BBQ, swimming, country music and fireworks. Even though I think those are all great ways to celebrate, we should all keep in mind the men and women serving for our freedom.